• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Anyone hear about this kid wanting to play for Australia. Apparently he was rasied in Australia or something. Is he any good and could he force his way into our midfield.
"the England under-21 international took a year long loan move to Oldham in 2004"

I think he'll wait until he's about 26 if he's still playing Premier League to see if he gets picked in the England team then use Australia as a last resort 8-)

We'll see though...

"Creative London-born, Australian-raised midfielder signed from Arsenal on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2004. Made his Barclays Premiership debut for Blues in September 2005, only to be sent off for handling the ball on the goalline. The playmaker was a former captain of Queensland Boys, but returned to England in 1997 and signed for the Gunners five years later."http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enPlayerProfile&playerId=269810

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Stan the Man is having a few quite words in his ear. Looking at our midfield, if he can get starting position soon, then he may start pushing Luke Wilshere for the last MF position. We'll see though, if Australia call him up for a sqaud soon, he will have a hard decision to make.

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Apparently Stan the Man is having a few quite words in his ear. Looking at our midfield, if he can get starting position soon, then he may start pushing Luke Wilshere for the last MF position. We'll see though, if Australia call him up for a sqaud soon, he will have a hard decision to make.
Yeah for sure.

He'd walk into our Olympic team too. So you'd think it'd be worth his effort...

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
I think it will take a national team call up to choice Australia over England.
Well he'll need to get picked in the Birmingham first team for a few consecutive matches to have any chance.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Well he'll need to get picked in the Birmingham first team for a few consecutive matches to have any chance.
Well cosidering Elrich and Skoko couldn't do that and they are good chances to make the sqaud then may not have to, just play well when he gets a run.

Cloete

International Captain
Interestlingly Australia's friendly with Greece on the 25th of May is sold out. Pretty good effort considering it's at the MCG. So should easily be a 95000+ crowd for a friendly. Admitedly 20000+ of them will be going for Greece :p

On the plus side all of them will be going for Australia at the World Cup!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man thats amazing for football in Australia, cus i think the tickets only went on sale a couple days a go. If this trend continues then they are going to have to play Asia Cup QUs at the bigger football grounds in Australia, meaning CC may miss out.

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Man thats amazing for football in Australia, cus i think the tickets only went on sale a couple days a go. If this trend continues then they are going to have to play Asia Cup QUs at the bigger football grounds in Australia, meaning CC may miss out.
Tickets went on sale Tuesday to the general public.

"Over 50,000 tickets had been previously snapped up by the Football Family, MCC members, contractual obligations and other advance offers."

"The remaining available tickets went within two hours of going on sale at 9am to fans desperate to see Australia in action at home before they depart for the World Cup."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
Unless a serial-killer with a grudge against English-qualified midfielders emerges he'll get nowhere near a full cap.

Might be Irish-qualified too with his surname, so he may yet think twice before commiting himself to Oz.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Tickets went on sale Tuesday to the general public.

"Over 50,000 tickets had been previously snapped up by the Football Family, MCC members, contractual obligations and other advance offers."

"The remaining available tickets went within two hours of going on sale at 9am to fans desperate to see Australia in action at home before they depart for the World Cup."
Why would a load of posh members of Lord's wanna go and see Australia vs Greece at Football :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Unless a serial-killer with a grudge against English-qualified midfielders emerges he'll get nowhere near a full cap.

Might be Irish-qualified too with his surname, so he may yet think twice before commiting himself to Oz.
I have a feeling he'd want to play for a country that qualifies for World Cups! :D

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:

Well my surname has an Irish background.

Can I have my Irish passport?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
Well my surname has an Irish background.

Can I have my Irish passport?
Mine doesn't, yet I qualify for one. Weird world, eh?! :p

TBF I did say might qualify. Although, that said, I'd say for someone born in London with an Irish surname there's a better than 50/50 shout they have at least an Irish grandfather.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
"the England under-21 international took a year long loan move to Oldham in 2004"

I think he'll wait until he's about 26 if he's still playing Premier League to see if he gets picked in the England team then use Australia as a last resort 8-)

We'll see though...

"Creative London-born, Australian-raised midfielder signed from Arsenal on a two-and-a-half year contract in January 2004. Made his Barclays Premiership debut for Blues in September 2005, only to be sent off for handling the ball on the goalline. The playmaker was a former captain of Queensland Boys, but returned to England in 1997 and signed for the Gunners five years later."http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enPlayerProfile&playerId=269810
Heard on the radio today that Killkenny has stated to Graham Arnold that he wants to play for Australia....

He has played a bit of 1st team football for Birmingham this season, so will be interesting...

I other news Mark Bosnich is reportedly taking a contract up with Conference Team Gray's Athletic... He has reportedly stated he wants to get back to the Premiership...