• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Aime Jacquet - '98 WC Winning coach and current technical director of France when he was in Australia for a seminar 6 months ago.

"Of course I am interested in a technical director role with Australia. I am excited to be here, and this is something which does interest me."

He has to relinquish his French role when he turns 65, this month.

Has everyone got the wrong frog? After all the FFA won't name the appointment until AFTER the world cup which suggests it is someone still involved.

There is always the possibility of appointing Houllier as manager and Jacquet as technical director. Jacquet also stated that he would bring the head of the French academy, Andre Merelle with him.

Cloete

International Captain
Great Birtannia said:
Aime Jacquet - '98 WC Winning coach and current technical director of France when he was in Australia for a seminar 6 months ago.

"Of course I am interested in a technical director role with Australia. I am excited to be here, and this is something which does interest me."

He has to relinquish his French role when he turns 65, this month.

Has everyone got the wrong frog? After all the FFA won't name the appointment until AFTER the world cup which suggests it is someone still involved.

There is always the possibility of appointing Houllier as manager and Jacquet as technical director. Jacquet also stated that he would bring the head of the French academy, Andre Merelle with him.
YES!! PLEASE!!!

I was talking to Simon (broncoman) about this subject the other day and Aime is DEFINITELY MY FAVOURITE for the job! I would absolutely love him to manage Aus but if that's not an option having him as a technical director along with Merelle can only mean good things for Australian football!!

The good thing is. I now have confidence in the FFA. Whatever happens, it's likely to be the right thing to happen. O'Neill and Lowy haven't put a foot wrong and I'm not going to doubt them now! But I certainly would prefer someone other than Houllier!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aren't there any Aussies who can do the job?
Not taking the ****, just wondering

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Gérard Houllier will become Australia's new manager in 2007, or is that just paper talk?

Cloete

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Yeah but none of them have the pedigree of alot of foreigners.

We won't take an Australian manager over a better foreigner just because he's Australian. Unlike a certain other country :p Although that's because you actually have some good management stocks. We have a few good 'uns but they're not international standard.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
We had Frank Farina until recently, and obviously Arnold will be the interim manager, and both are Australian.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
We won't take an Australian manager over a better foreigner just because he's Australian. Unlike a certain other country :p
Harsh!

A lot of us want a foreigner to be honest.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
I hope they don't get a name from the Premier League just because more people would have heard of it...
Frank Lowy is a lot smarter than that, im confident we'll end up with a very good manager...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Frank Lowy is a lot smarter than that, im confident we'll end up with a very good manager...
Yeah that's what I've been thinking. They're yet to put a foot wrong so I'm confident!