• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Never said anything about a challenge just that it won't be any more than a 12 point lead in the end. I've already said Chelsea will win!!!!
Yet in each of your posts you've suggested that Man U might "pull a surprise"?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've suggested that while Chelsea will win it won't be a mammoth points difference between them and the second placed team.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Not even the Socceroos think they can beat Brazil. Did you hear Bresciano on "The Panel Christmas Wrap"?

Don

State Vice-Captain
the world cup isnt wat it used to be cuz once brazil get through the group stage u know they're gonna win so its like more fun to see who comes 2nd and so on.it like u dont even really have to support brazil u support some other team while knowing brazil is gonna win

Mr Mxyzptlk

If Greece could win Euro '04, Brazil can be unseated in the World Cup '06.

No team is invincible.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
why dont we change the forum name to English Premnier League, Can Chelsea Be Caught?
i think we should use a very useful 5-5-0 against Brazil haha

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
IMO The only team that could stop Brazil is Argentina, not because they're the better team, but because of the rivalry - they could get themselves so fired up for it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Our guy Jack Warner has done an amazing amount for T&T and Caribbean football. In his time with FIFA he's managed to get 2 extra qualifying spots from CONCACAF, which has been to the benefit of T&T as well as, yes, Jamaica. (shock, awe)
How much did he pay? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jungle Jumbo said:
IMO The only team that could stop Brazil is Argentina, not because they're the better team, but because of the rivalry - they could get themselves so fired up for it.
Oh I would say that on a good day a fair few of the top European nations could do it to be honest.

The thing about the World Cup is it is a knockout, so luck is needed.

Also, for all their brilliance, Brazil don't always play as well as their reputation suggests.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Foxtrot said:
honours, the word is honours (not honest)
Let me explain the difference to you, because it's understandable that, not knowing Marc and his West Midlands phraseology, you would find it hard going.

Marc used the phrase "to be honest" meaning "actually" or "as a matter of fact" - he didn't imply honour or honours.

Oh, I can see I'm struggling here. How to think like a Leeds supporter.... ah, I've got it.

"Yes, your honour. The chap outside the Majestyk Night Club was just lying on the pavement bleeding all over my boots when his wallet fell into my inside pocket - honest"

Or

"Honestly, It's been a fair few years since Dirty Leeds have won any honours"

Clear?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tom Halsey said:
Btw, all the Aussies in here who seriously think Australia have a chance of beating Brazil are seriously delusing themselves.
You're right, some people are seriously delused.

roseboy64

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Status, not money.
I know he's done a lot but he doesn't have to be informed of everything that happens if it's not necessary and it's not. I understand his intentions but feel it's negligible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
I know he's done a lot but he doesn't have to be informed of everything that happens if it's not necessary and it's not. I understand his intentions but feel it's negligible.
What has he been informed of that he doesn't have to be informed of? Are you aware of who Jack Warner is in FIFA? None of it is irrelevant. I fully understand why he'd feel hard-done by Bahrain getting a warmup match in Jamaica days before they played us. After all, we had less than 3 days to adjust to conditions in Bahrain. The players left the night of the home leg (a Saturday) with the fixture in Bahrain on the Wednesday!

roseboy64

Of course I know, I have to. I just mean it's not against the rules so if they want to tell him they can, if they don't want to then don't. Just to say but I'm not a big fan of the current admin too. Maybe he wants his old friend back in the post so he can be kept abreast.