• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
It's a 38 game season. While I do think they'll win be prepared for a shock.
It'll be a shock if Chelski lose more than 1 more game this season in the league.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
IMO they've been challenged more this season compared to last ad it's very likely they won't win by more than 12 points.
Challenged more?

They've only failed to win twice all season, are already 13 points clear with power to add to that lead.

roseboy64 said:
Sooner or later they'll meet up on teams who might be able to take points off them.
Even though they've played every team at least once, so have in theory already met these teams.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Foxtrot said:
England , played 2 Aus win 1, England win 1. Latest result Freindly 2003, Aus 3 England 1.
Sorry, can't let that one go. It's actually 6 games & 3-1 overall to the good guys:

12/02/2003 L 1-3
01/06/1991 W 1-0
19/06/1983 D 1-1
15/06/1983 W 1-0
12/06/1983 D 0-0
31/05/1980 W 2-1

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Challenged more?

They've only failed to win twice all season, are already 13 points clear with power to add to that lead.

Even though they've played every team at least once, so have in theory already met these teams.
Yep, they've already played the two main 'threats' (Liverpool and Man U) away, so that makes it even less likely they'll drop points in the future.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Australia have far more chance of beating Brazil than anyone does of catching Chelski. If Chelski jib it I'll have The Purple Faced One as my avatar for the duration of the WC.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neither are going to happen, and if either does happen I'll put whatever anyone wants in my signature for the whole of the year.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The Foxtrot said:
hey yeah,
Brazil, 5 games played, 1 win to aus , 3 to brazil, 1 game tied. Most recent game June 2001 Confederations Cup Brazil 0 Australia 1, (and now we are alot better, we are under Hiddink arent we)

France, played 3 Aus win 1, France win 1, 1 draw Latest result, November 2001, France 1 Aus 1,
Confederations Cup, June 2001 Australia 1 France 0

England , played 2 Aus win 1, England win 1. Latest result Freindly 2003, Aus 3 England 1.

Cough on the facts u ignorant poms. the games we have lost to all these countries were way back in the 90s. Australia hasnt lost to these countries in the 21st century. These are the top seeded teams in the world!!!

Japan, played 10, Aus win three, Jap win 4 draw 3. Latest result AFC-OFC Challenge Aug 2001 Japan 3 Aus 0
Confederations Cup June 2001 Jap 1 Aus 0.
We may have not done a good job against Japan in those results, however doesnt mean we cant beat them.

We also have a world renowned coach Guus Hiddink who pulled off a similar thing with South Korea last World Cup. Now South Kore are still a strong team. As long as we forget about Farina`s tactical choices and stick to what Hiddink is teaching us we can pull this of.
:laugh:

Come off it. Past results mean nothing, in any context, ever. The current Brazil side (that's the one featuring Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Kaka, Roberto Carlos, Emerson and Cafu) has never played the current Australian side (that's the one featuring Josip Skoko and Lucas Neill), so you've got no basis for using that to back up what you're saying.

If you think for a minute that Brazil are one of those sides who can be surprised by an underdog because they're not concentrating, think again. If they're not concentrating and are only putting in 80% effort, they'll still beat most teams. If they are concentrating and they are putting in the effort, Australia have three options - Run, Hide, or Get Thrashed. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Your guy Warner's a big pain. First it was the match against Bahrain now the England friendly. Geez. 8-) I understand his concerns but it's apparent our association doesn't care for his thoughts.
Our guy Jack Warner has done an amazing amount for T&T and Caribbean football. In his time with FIFA he's managed to get 2 extra qualifying spots from CONCACAF, which has been to the benefit of T&T as well as, yes, Jamaica. (shock, awe)

Mopey much? I'll ask Dwight to send you a postcard from Deutschland. Wunderbar!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
IMO they've been challenged more this season compared to last ad it's very likely they won't win by more than 12 points. Sooner or later they'll meet up on teams who might be able to take points off them. Very possible also that Liverpool and Man Utd can continnue their recent form.
Chelsea is so well-placed that Man U has to practically win every game for the remainder of the season to mount anything approaching a challenge.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
:laugh:

Come off it. Past results mean nothing, in any context, ever. The current Brazil side (that's the one featuring Ronaldinho, Robinho, Adriano, Ronaldo, Kaka, Roberto Carlos, Emerson and Cafu) has never played the current Australian side (that's the one featuring Josip Skoko and Lucas Neill), so you've got no basis for using that to back up what you're saying.

If you think for a minute that Brazil are one of those sides who can be surprised by an underdog because they're not concentrating, think again. If they're not concentrating and are only putting in 80% effort, they'll still beat most teams. If they are concentrating and they are putting in the effort, Australia have three options - Run, Hide, or Get Thrashed. :p
Actually it's more a case of in which order those three will happen.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Chelsea is so well-placed that Man U has to practically win every game for the remainder of the season to mount anything approaching a challenge.
Even then it'll never happen.

Next year...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Btw, all the Aussies in here who seriously think Australia have a chance of beating Brazil are seriously delusing themselves.

Cloete

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Btw, all the Aussies in here who seriously think Australia have a chance of beating Brazil are seriously delusing themselves.
I honestly don't think anyone's stupid enough to believe that. Sure, I'm hoping it, not thinking it though.

But we do have a very good chance against Croatia and Japan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Actually I don't think that would be enough anyway.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Our guy Jack Warner has done an amazing amount for T&T and Caribbean football. In his time with FIFA he's managed to get 2 extra qualifying spots from CONCACAF, which has been to the benefit of T&T as well as, yes, Jamaica. (shock, awe)

Mopey much? I'll ask Dwight to send you a postcard from Deutschland. Wunderbar!
:happy: I guess you took it as an insult.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Never said anything about a challenge just that it won't be any more than a 12 point lead in the end. I've already said Chelsea will win!!!!