• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

ash chaulk

International Captain
The Foxtrot said:
actually not really
there are three possible chacnes which Australia has the best chance to score.

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.
thats exactly how im thinking too

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The trouble is there's still plenty of time left for Brazil to annihilate Australia in the first two scenarios and the last scenario is extremely unlikely - they might relax at 4-0.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Foxtrot said:
Holy moley, well, that is the first time i have ever been corrected on soccer but i dont follow what the Americans do. They could hgave anotehr Civil War and i wouldnt care unless Australia was involved
If Australia were involved, it wouldn't be 'civil'

/runs

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The Foxtrot said:
actually not really
there are three possible chacnes which Australia has the best chance to score.

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.
You have to realize that despite their star status Brazilians aren't guaranteed of starting e.g Ronaldo. If he doesn't play well Parreira's got quality on the bench to replace him in an instant. Of course the Brazilians will relax but not until the game is truly won. At least that's the message he's been sending and if carries it through it'll someone much better than Australia to beat them e.g Argentina.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
Says someone who still thinks there's a title race in England...
You gotta have hope. At least my hope os realistic in a sense. I still think Chelsea will win though. Australia beating Brazil is totally different.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
You gotta have hope. At least my hope os realistic in a sense. I still think Chelsea will win though. Australia beating Brazil is totally different.
It's as realistic as Brazil beating Australia, which is exactly what Marc was saying. For Man U (let alone Liverpool or Tottenham) to catch Chelsea, it would require a massive muck-up by a superb team. The same will have to happen for Australia to beat Brazil.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Realisticly, Australia should lose 3-0 to Brazil, 3-1 to Croatia and have chance of beating Japan. If we finished the tournement like that, we`d still have done pretty well.

Of course, I`m supporting Croatia, so bleh!

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Realisticly, Australia should lose 3-0 to Brazil, 3-1 to Croatia and have chance of beating Japan. If we finished the tournement like that, we`d still have done pretty well.

Of course, I`m supporting Croatia, so bleh!
Nah Croatia aren't anything special. We're a better team than Croatia, Japan will present an interesting challenge. We have far more players who are playing in Europe than Japan and on paper, one would have to think Australia is the better team. But Japan are alot better than most people would think and they play a very different style of game to our own.

Anyway I would be disappointed if we didn't get to the 2nd round.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
At least my hope os realistic in a sense. I still think Chelsea will win though. Australia beating Brazil is totally different.
IMO there's probably much more chance of Australia beating Brazil then there is of anyone catching Chelsea.

I'd be shocked if anyone comes within 15 points of them.

benchmark00

vic_orthdox said:
And how is following England in football not gloryhunti....

Ah!
Jacko teeing off.

But look, im not a fan of soccer, but i love the world cup, always a fine spectacle. Is Senegal in it this year? i barracked for them last WC after they beat France? in the first match, was wild scenes really.

benchmark00

burkey_1988 said:
Nah they missed out Daz. But you have the Aussies to barrack this time :)
Shattered.

Ahh well, guess i'll have to settle for the non African equivalent.

How about Burkina Faso? they snag a place? surely...

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
by the way just to let you all know,
Japan has tied with Brazil 1-1 before.
If we can beat Japan, then we have a chance of tieing against Brazil.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, you`re all so nieve. :laugh:

Good luck to Australia... but more luck to Croatia.