Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    No, "Soccer" is the name given to football by others so lacking in imagination that they couldn't come up with an original name for their own sport -

e.g.

Rugby Football should be either 'bunch of southern puffs chasing an egg' or 'bunch of northern thugs chasing an egg' (depending on whether you can count to 15 or just 13)
    Australian Rules Football should be 'Convictball'
    American Football should be 'Armoured run a yard then stop for oxygenball'
    Like you should be called 'Unfunny Man'

Oh i see how the game works, carry on.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Foxtrot
    Holy moley, well, that is the first time i have ever been corrected on soccer but i dont follow what the Americans do. They could hgave anotehr Civil War and i wouldnt care unless Australia was involved
    Good attitude.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Crouch always try to earn a spot kick or two as well (and I'd be surprised if he isn't on as substitute a few times), tho I think he's possibly the worst diver in football.

What's with this Bliarite 'third way' thread title change...
    Not Deco

Talk about Mr Soft.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Holy moley, well, that is the first time i have ever been corrected on soccer but i dont follow what the Americans do. They could hgave anotehr Civil War and i wouldnt care unless Australia was involved
    In wish case, it's not really a civil war is it.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Well...
    Ummmm, we you get my picture anyway
    Leeds United will make it back to the Premier League
    "You tried and you failed miserably. Lesson here is never try"

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Not Deco

Talk about Mr Soft.
    Crouch is worse (as in his actual diving ability), as he looks like a giraffe that's just been shot. Deco would be a more prolific 'better' diver.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    na its ok i understand people dont like NFL.

its 30 secs between plays you need it trust me. its a sport where any person of any shape and size can play thats why i like it although when the big boys come for ya it hurts.

now to soccer i like it but.... its the only sport where you can go without scoring and you still get a premiership point it should always goto penalties i think.

im going to put this out here and say australia will draw 1-1 with brazil with aus scoring an early goal
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Are you on something or just ignorant?
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

actually not really
    there are three possible chacnes which Australia has the best chance to score.

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
    Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
    And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
    I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    actually not really

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
    Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
    And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
    I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.
    Alternatively, Australia have no chance, because Brazil are nigh-on unbeatable these days.

There's going to have to be a World Cup Avatar Challenge. I want an opportunity to stake my figurative house on Australia not winning a game at these finals.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64
    Are you on something or just ignorant?
    Says someone who still thinks there's a title race in England...

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Alternatively, Australia have no chance, because Brazil are nigh-on unbeatable these days.

There's going to have to be a World Cup Avatar Challenge. I want an opportunity to stake my figurative house on Australia not winning a game at these finals.
    Oooooo. Wouldn't say a game is beyond them. Unlikely, but you never know.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Oooooo. Wouldn't say a game is beyond them. Unlikely, but you never know.
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I can't help thinking the Aussies are seriously lacking in big-game experience. The likes of Japan and Croatia have been there plenty of times before. Not to mention being better teams than Australia to start with, albeit marginally. They'll definitely get smashed by Brazil though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    actually not really

Wow. Who knew it was so simple to beat Brazil... If only every other coach in the world understood just how to cash in on the clear predictability of the dominant World Champions. You should type up a resume.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

actually not really

Didn't Scotland do this once (score early against Brazil)?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information