• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

Cloete

International Captain
Harsh, but undoubtedly fair! The game just completely annoys me, mostly thought it's becuase of the arrogance of its supporters (Not you Ash) and players (again, not you Ash :D)!

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
I agree. The 24 stone puffs who get the ball thrust between their ample breasts and waddle a yard and a half before retiring to the bench and sucking on an oxygen bottle for half an hour bash it enough without the likes of me starting.

Well the way i see American Football it is like an hour long of actual play (someone may neeed to correct me on that) But actually an hour of 4 sec plays. then a 5 minute break to discuss what the team will do in the next 4 secs for a play. so technically it takes like 4 hours to complete one game.

By the way, this was meant to be about the WC not about American Football, we all know the Americans, but they are not in the World Cup. So leave America out of it. And we call it Soccer, cause Australia has too many forms of football. Even though they use their hands, Go Figure! But League and Union, both started in England, Stupid Poms, take on the name Football. We just want to save on the confusion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Foxtrot said:
we all know the Americans, but they are not in the World Cup. So leave America out of it.
Eh? Not sure what that means entirely, but USA will be attending the World Cup this year. They qualified rather comfortably.

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
Holy moley, well, that is the first time i have ever been corrected on soccer but i dont follow what the Americans do. They could hgave anotehr Civil War and i wouldnt care unless Australia was involved

benchmark00

luckyeddie said:
No, "Soccer" is the name given to football by others so lacking in imagination that they couldn't come up with an original name for their own sport -

e.g.

Rugby Football should be either 'bunch of southern puffs chasing an egg' or 'bunch of northern thugs chasing an egg' (depending on whether you can count to 15 or just 13)
Australian Rules Football should be 'Convictball'
American Football should be 'Armoured run a yard then stop for oxygenball'
Like you should be called 'Unfunny Man'

Oh i see how the game works, carry on.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The Foxtrot said:
Holy moley, well, that is the first time i have ever been corrected on soccer but i dont follow what the Americans do. They could hgave anotehr Civil War and i wouldnt care unless Australia was involved
Good attitude.

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
Crouch always try to earn a spot kick or two as well (and I'd be surprised if he isn't on as substitute a few times), tho I think he's possibly the worst diver in football.

What's with this Bliarite 'third way' thread title change...
Not Deco :-O

Talk about Mr Soft.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Foxtrot said:
In wish case, it's not really a civil war is it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Not Deco :-O

Talk about Mr Soft.
Crouch is worse (as in his actual diving ability), as he looks like a giraffe that's just been shot. Deco would be a more prolific 'better' diver.

ash chaulk

International Captain
na its ok i understand people dont like NFL.

its 30 secs between plays you need it trust me. its a sport where any person of any shape and size can play thats why i like it although when the big boys come for ya it hurts.

now to soccer i like it but.... its the only sport where you can go without scoring and you still get a premiership point it should always goto penalties i think.

im going to put this out here and say australia will draw 1-1 with brazil with aus scoring an early goal

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
actually not really
there are three possible chacnes which Australia has the best chance to score.

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The Foxtrot said:
actually not really

Early on, and i mean really early in the game, as Brazil wont come out firing because its Australia, they dont need to play their best football to win.
Next is straight after half time, as once again its Brazil vs Australia, like a lion vs a mouse. And after a Hiddink talk the Aussies will be fired up.
And if Brazil only happen to score one goal and it is nearing full time Brazil may just start to relax a little bit, and therefore Australias last oppurtunity to score. I am not saying that this will happen but at these points in time are Australia best chance to socre.
I would be estatic if Australia ould score 1 goal in the game. espeially if it was the first goal.
Alternatively, Australia have no chance, because Brazil are nigh-on unbeatable these days.

There's going to have to be a World Cup Avatar Challenge. I want an opportunity to stake my figurative house on Australia not winning a game at these finals. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barney Rubble said:
Alternatively, Australia have no chance, because Brazil are nigh-on unbeatable these days.

There's going to have to be a World Cup Avatar Challenge. I want an opportunity to stake my figurative house on Australia not winning a game at these finals. :p
Oooooo. Wouldn't say a game is beyond them. Unlikely, but you never know.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Oooooo. Wouldn't say a game is beyond them. Unlikely, but you never know.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I can't help thinking the Aussies are seriously lacking in big-game experience. The likes of Japan and Croatia have been there plenty of times before. Not to mention being better teams than Australia to start with, albeit marginally. They'll definitely get smashed by Brazil though. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Foxtrot said:
actually not really

Wow. Who knew it was so simple to beat Brazil... If only every other coach in the world understood just how to cash in on the clear predictability of the dominant World Champions. You should type up a resume.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Foxtrot said:
actually not really

Didn't Scotland do this once (score early against Brazil)?