• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't know what odds you would get at this stage, but I think Fat Frank may be worth a bob or two as top goal scorer. He's been sticking them away for Chelski like nobody's business (13 from midfield with season barely half over) & is now our penalty taker as well. & any team with young Michael & Ash Cole will, say we say, potentially earn a spot kick or two... :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crouch always try to earn a spot kick or two as well (and I'd be surprised if he isn't on as substitute a few times), tho I think he's possibly the worst diver in football.

What's with this Bliarite 'third way' thread title change...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
I reckon "Association Football" would've been the way to go as it's:

a) the sport's proper name; &
b) where the diminutive "soccer" is derived from.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Why not football, it's the most obvious:

Rugby Football: Played largely with hands
Aussie Rules: I don't know much about it, but I think it's played with hands, so ditto
American Football: Thats not played with feet or hands, more like the shoulder pads
(Bit OT, but do the constant breaks happen in American Football so that the average American can go and fetch a whole new box of doughnuts every five minutes?)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Crouch always try to earn a spot kick or two as well (and I'd be surprised if he isn't on as substitute a few times), tho I think he's possibly the worst diver in football.
I'm sure he's going to be on the bench every game England play (may even start against T&T). At least the Premiership supporter morons have just about stopped booing him every time he receives the ball. What was that about? Hate him because he's tall?

Don't know about Crouch being the worst diver in football, but his team-mate the ex-Dirty Leeds rat "Two puffy pony tails" Harry Kewell is probably the best, filthy cheating scum.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
My two cents on the World Cup - England to lose to Italy in the semis, Rooney to come second only to Adriano in the goalscoring rankings, on his way to winning the 2006 World Player of the Year Award, ahead of the aforementioned Adriano and Ronaldinho.
my two cents- England to beat Brazil in the final sending the entire nation into a mad fenzy :cool:

andyc

aussie said:
my two cents- England to beat Brazil in the final sending the entire nation into a mad fenzy :cool:
So are you going for Australia or England in the WC?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
A likely scenario has England playing them in the semi-finals (if they get that far) and the other semi being something like Germany v Italy.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
As opposed to the Thatcherite "I'll change it to anything you want and throw my soul and a cruise missile in provided Big Business offers enough money or that nice Mr Pinochet asks me" thread title change?

Scaly piscine

luckyeddie said:
As opposed to the Thatcherite "I'll change it to anything you want and throw my soul and a cruise missile in provided Big Business offers enough money or that nice Mr Pinochet asks me" thread title change?
Thatcher would have got ridden of that awful 'soccer' and we'd have gotten a rebate thrown in from James - he'd have given Marc some of his life back (before Bliar comes along and gives the rebate back so long as James and the mods agree to discuss something or other in a few years).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I don't know what odds you would get at this stage, but I think Fat Frank may be worth a bob or two as top goal scorer. He's been sticking them away for Chelski like nobody's business (13 from midfield with season barely half over) & is now our penalty taker as well. & any team with young Michael & Ash Cole will, say we say, potentially earn a spot kick or two... :p
Seems logical enough, but I think despite how many Magic Lamps and Stevie Gee-Gee have been banging in this season, they'll be too busy getting in each other's way to score many in Germany. :ph34r: :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jungle Jumbo said:
Why not football, it's the most obvious:

Rugby Football: Played largely with hands
Aussie Rules: I don't know much about it, but I think it's played with hands, so ditto
American Football: Thats not played with feet or hands, more like the shoulder pads
(Bit OT, but do the constant breaks happen in American Football so that the average American can go and fetch a whole new box of doughnuts every five minutes?)
I think it's more because of how the rules set up what causes a break. Also, I don't see any doughnuts on the sidelines. Quit hating. Be objective.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ash chaulk said:
stop the american football bashing now.
I agree. The 24 stone puffs who get the ball thrust between their ample breasts and waddle a yard and a half before retiring to the bench and sucking on an oxygen bottle for half an hour bash it enough without the likes of me starting.