Originally Posted by ret
I haven't gone through the whole thread but will tell abt the console that I use ----> PS3
1. Doesn't heat up like X-box
2. More reliable [have heard that the question is not whether the X-Box will die but when will it die]
3. More silent [X-box is noisy]
5. Built in Wi-Fi
6. You can install yellow dog linux and turn it in to a PC if you want [but it may not be worth the effort]
7. the killer app -> Blue-Ray [PS3 is one of the best, if not the best, Blue Ray players on the market]
8. More powerful [correct me if I m wrong]
9. Better looking [subjective]
It may be priced higher than a X-box but if you see the above points it does offer value [and considering the fact that Sony isn't making too much money on it]
Ofc. X-Box has more titles but unless you have time and money to burn on tons of games, you won't feel the need to go for more games. PS3 has enough titles to keep you happy!
Haha, no mention of how good the games are.
For the record, the PS2 in my loungeroom has seen no compelling reason to upgrade.