Thanks, got four sets of players so far - very interesting reading to date.
To clarify a couple of questions. The main point of confusion is around what happens if you pick a banned player. I've never done this kind of draft before either, and am happy to take suggestions on the fine detail if people see a problem with what I'm proposing, but I had in mind the following:
- as someone pointed out, I'm not going to be online 24/7 vetting each individual pick,
- my preference would be to once, or at most twice a day come on and confirm or reject picks.
- I thought it would cool to do it at the end of each round. At the end of each round, I confirm which picks are ok, and which are rejected. The rejected picks are then redone in the same order they were made.
- I take the point about the penalty being disproportionate if you picked first and get shuffled, in effect 10 picks down, compared to if you are last and potentially, don't get demoted any picks at all if you're the only one to go for a banned player.
- An alternative would then be to have a set number of picks you're demoted, Jamee's suggestion of 5 is probably sensible. The disadvantage with this is that the rounds will get jumbled a bit, and it might be more prone to delay while I'm not online. I'm happy to go with the consensus on this point.
- The question was asked "what if the replacement player I pick after having a pick rejected is also banned". I think people should get one free go if they've already been demoted once, but if they pick a third banned player in a row, they are demoted to the end of the following round/another 5 picks.
So pick 1 - reject - demoted.
Pick 2 - rejected - immediate repick.
Pick 3 - rejected - demoted again.
I think immediately extra demotion is a bit harsh, but if people have crapped out twice, they probably really want to think carefully before going with a 'risky' selection again.
- I think the reverse serpentine will work well, with it being redrawn after every two rounds. This should avoid, barring extraordinary luck, the same person having first pick in both round 9 and round 11, as successive waves of players are unbanned.
GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010
Is Cam White, Is Good.
Originally Posted by Irfan
We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team