I was thinking that thread was getting utterly stupid - but it's just the way it goes, CW wouldn't be CW without a thread along those lines every 6 months or so.
Anyway, here's my bash...
- only rarely not good at cricket, and have some great guys who post on here giving a good name to their fandom, too.
- not international class, but I do admire some
of their fans for admirable perspective.
- some guys, like me, accept the reality that England will rarely be the best for long, but do our utmost to enjoy the real successes when they come (like 1998, 2000+2000\01, 2004+2005, etc.)
- brilliant batsmen, brilliant spinners, more fans than the rest of The World put together - about 5 times the number, IIRR...
- do brilliantly for such a small cricket-culture country
- our brothers-in-arms, with the incredible number of fans given how relatively out-populated the game is by other sports (which is the same in Britain).
- cricket just wouldn't be cricket without the soap-opera that is the Pakistan team. I just love the way most of their fans seem to enjoy the fact that they have such spectacular ups-and-downs, too.
- first team I took any interest in besides England, always loved the way they play the game, and love it even better when they annoy people like Neil Pickup by being successful with it, as they do so often.
- for such a small island, the talent that comes out is astonishing, and they're almost always there or thereabouts, and by all accounts one of the best places to tour, too.
- not dissimilar, really, with slight tweaks in various sentences.
- a shame, crying shame, that Robert Mugabe has ruined the entire country, with nothing spared.