I've just been listening to The Adverts' punk classic "Gary Gilmore's Eyes
" & this set me off thinking: aside from the noble Aussie seamer, how many cricketers share their names with other famous (or in Gilmore's case infamous) people?
Off the top of my head there are:
- who's either a 70s Oz seamer who took six wickets in the 1975 WC semi or an executed American murderer.
- who's either an exulted Aussie wicket-keeper & sometime England selector or a flashy 1970s QPR, Fulham & Man City footballer who used to talk an inordinate amount of cobblers on Sky.
- who's either Bumble or John Lloyd's crapper tennis-playing brother & former British Davis Cup captain.
- who's either a 60s England keeper or one of two English international footballers; one an Arsenal legend, the other a stroppy tool.
- who's either a 20s English spinner or the lead singer with The White Stripes.
- who's either another 20s English spinner or a famed jazz musician.
Anyone think of anymore?