Utilising technology from our blockbuster sports games such as FIFA, NBA & EA SPORTS Rugby, EA SPORTS Cricket 2005 returns to the pitch.
In addition to the international teams and bonus squads, you can now play with domestic teams and compete in England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. The all-new Twenty20 tournament will be fully licensed with season modes also on offer.
Cricket will revolve around a TV style presentation including a full action replay mode, third umpire, animated ducks, TV style overlays, field position editor and much more. The field position editor will allow for auto or manual fielding.
Over 35 dynamically lit stadiums will be modelled from all over the world, including Lords in England, as well as other world-class venues in Calcutta, Melbourne, Auckland, Cape Town, Barbados and Lahore.
Full licenses from the Cricket Australia, ECB, NZ Cricket, the South African Cricket team.
High detailed stadiums
Over 35 accurately modelled stadiums, including various pitch types and conditions, detailed real time weather effects, and night modes for Day/Night matches
Realistic player appearance and motion
All new detail in players' faces and bodies, including varied player sizes all modelled using the EA SPORTS skeleton. Over 1000 new Motion Captured moves allowing amazing player animations across all areas of the product.
Enjoy updated commentary by the legendary Richie Benaud and Jim Maxwell.
New HUD and intuitive controls
An all new HUD will ensure that all controls are more intuitive than ever before.
Authentic stadium conditions and crowd effects
Huge 3D stadium sound effects based on real crowd sounds from all over the world. Crowd effects change to reflect peaks and troughs in the game. Pitches reflect the real
conditions around the world and will wear over the course of a test match.
Broadcast inspired playback
TV style gameplay including TV overlays and a detailed replay feature allowing the player to view the action from an infinite number of camera angles.
Brand new create a player
A brand new create a player allows gamers to create and edit players.
Flexible gameplay allows the player to be fully involved in the selection of batsmen, bowlers and the placing of fielders. Choose manual fielding, or simply let the intelligent AI position your fielders for you.
4 Player (consoles), with 2 player co-operative play.
Cricket 2005 Pack Shot
- Cricket 2005 features 13 tournament modes in total plus a Training Nets mode and Play Now mode to get a quick Exhibition match under way.
- Australian and English domestic competitions. English County Cricket in Cricket 2005 now features the Twenty20 Cup.
- Domestic limited overs competitions feature the 'Free Hit' rule.
- My Cricket allows the user to easily keep track of their stats and achievements as well as customize game settings. Includes Squad Management feature which allows you to assign one-day shirt numbers for players in all the teams or edit the squads.
- EA Trax music soundtrack
- End of innings Highlights playback : allows you to review dismissals once the innings is completed.
- All player career stats update while playing tournaments
- Select your First XI before each match based on player ratings, form and team morale. Also view Pitch and Weather conditions before selecting your line-up and entering the match.
- View player form charts during tournaments to keep track of who is playing well and who isn't.
- Revamped bowling control system. Each Bowler has a realistic repertoire of deliveries. The better their ability, the greater the variety of deliveries they can bowl with.
- The bowler will lose stamina after bowling a long spell of overs and slowly become more erratic the more tired he gets. The Stamina gauge which is part of the bowler's on-screen display will allow you to keep track of when to give him a rest and make a change.
- The Batting confidence meter displays how set a batsman is once he is at the crease. The more settled he is, the better chance he has of timing the ball sweetly and less chance of edging one to the slips or popping up a catch.
- Double the amount of pre-set fielding options of previous versions.
- Training Nets mode, now with the option to set the line and length you wish the CPU to bowl at you in order to master your batting strokes or improve your timing.
- One-day shirts featuring player numbers and NAMES
- Advanced running between wickets control allows you to dive for the crease to prevent a run out
- Manual Fielding throw meter which allows the user to control the strength of a throw.
- The Man of the Match award is calculated after playing a tournament match and Player of the Year awards are calculated at the end of each of the competitions.